Saturday, July 27, 2019

Inaccessible digital content for E-learning


I am participating in Faculty Development program organized by School of Education and HRDC, SPPU. The training is on ICT education. 

Several faculties delivered talks on e-content development, and demonstrated several Websites. I found that None of the e-content development website and software tool is accessible for persons with disabilities. 

My Screen reader was not properly interacting with the user interface of the software tools and websites where academicians upload digital content such as text content, audio and video  etc. 

I really had frustrating experience. I have decided to communicate to the software tool developers and web application developers to make their products and services accessibility compliant for persons with disabilities as per any national and international accessibility standards. 

Hope they will consider my request and implement accessibility in the user interfaces of their web applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment